Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mis-casting of Twilight?

Is anyone else surprised about the casting choices of Twilight? Don't get me wrong, I think Kristen Stewart is awesome (She's currently on the cover of Vanity Fair) and who doesn't love Cedric Diggory. Yet, I would've thought, Twilight being the insane teen money-maker it is, that they would've gotten some bigger names for the film. I mean Peter Facinelli as Carlisle?! Right now he's best known for being married to Kelly Taylor.

This leads me to think that either the director/producers didn't want bigger stars or couldn't get them. If the latter is the case, then I'm truly surprised at those stars who turned it down. If the moms of teenage girls are also placing holds on Breaking Dawn, then one doesn't have to stretch the imagination far to see the blockbuster potential of this movie. Seriously, was Jeff Bridges too busy to audition for the role of Charlie?

**Kellan Lutz who plays Emmett is also in the new 90210 where Jennie Garth, married to Peter Facinelli, will be reprising her role as Kelly Taylor.

I work at a library. How the hell did I miss this cover?

0 comments: